VON SORELLA is currently hiring the following position:
Seamstress: Womenswear, Menswear, Soft Accessories
Private fashion label VON SORELLA is currently hiring the unique position of remote technical design seamstress. This a flexible position offering opportunity for long-term growth. We are seeking someone to help grow our brand development through quality craftsmanship in making womenswear, menswear, and soft accessories. This role is paid according to industry standards and will mainly be part-time for the first 3-6 months with opportunity for full-time after that timeframe.
About our company:
We are a luxury brand and global e-commerce producing luxury womenswear and soft accessories and plan to launch a full womenswear and menswear collection in 2021. We are committed to producing our goods sustainably and ethically using exclusively rare European couture textiles. Our brand has been featured in The Washington Post, Elle Italia, and Business Insider along with other major news outlets.
- 5-10 years experience working in a luxury clothing manufacturer, sewing factory, or fashion house studio (we are open to less experience with the right candidate)
- Expertise in sewing embroidered fabrics, velvet, silk, lace, and couture textiles
- Thorough knowledge of silhouettes, fabrications, sewing techniques, trims, and technical knowledge of fabric, garment construction, and patterns
- Ability to produce/sew based on limited technical guidance (visuals, face-to-face meeting and direction, and samples will be provided)
- Creative and problem-solving attitude. Our designer in chief and creative director will be working with you directly for the design development and process
- Desire to be a part of a growing fashion house
- Ability to work with embellishments, trims, etc.
- Experience with menswear is desired, but not required
- Knowledge of hand sewing/embroidery is a plus, but not required
Email us at email@example.com your resume, cover letter, and a portfolio of sewn goods if available.
We're passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Companies that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective are proven to be better companies. More importantly, creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work is the right thing to do. We look forward to interest in our roles from all walks of life.
Job Types: Part-time/Full-time, Contract
Pay: Based on experience / Industry standard